Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Me as a Tourist!!!

Well... Here I am as a tourist!!! This is the all so infamous TAJ MAHAL. It is the largest tomb in the world and it made of complete marble! It is considered one of the 7 Wonders of the World because it is symmetrical. Pretty much there is nothing on the inside except the tomb. It is called Taj for crown and it carries this theme throughout this wonder. It reminded me that among lostness and darkness and dirt that there is something beautiful!! It reminded of the beauty of My God. His beauty can even be found here in India!!!




Here is J and I. It is a custom in India to take off your shoes in every place that is sacred. Therefore before we could go up to the Taj we had to put on shoe coverings!! This was great...never had this convenience before. Usually you just have to drop your shoes off places and hope they are there when they return. My friend Gabe actually had his shoes stolen at the Taj last year, so I was thankful for the shoe covers!!! Gabe, I left with my shoes!! Aren't they great... and no dirty feet!!!




















We also visit the Agra Fort!! This is us at the Fort and some of the pretty feature that this place has to offer. This Fort at one time housed the largest diamond in the world. It is worth so much money that you could feed the whole world for two days!! Craziness!!!

No comments: