So while Julie was here we decided to go to the Grand Canyon. We were feeling a little old and felt a little like we were having a quarter of a century crisis. So we decided we should try to do something crazy and feel young again. So the Grand Canyon was the answer...so we thought. We left at 11:00 PM from Riverside to head to Arizona to make it just in time to watch the sun rise over the canyon. Why not pull an all-nighter. Well, let me just say the idea was SO MUCH MORE romantic in my mind than it really was. First of all, our great friend bonding on the road trip turned into an Alicia by herself time because Julie conked out pretty early on. And then when we finally got the canyon it was like a snow storm! So we waited about an hour for the sunrise. Unfortunately, it just got bright outside and it was soo foggy you and cloudy we could barely even see the canyon!! ha. So our desire to kick spontaneity in the booty pretty much backfired on us. And we realize now why when you get older you don't pull all-nighters...cause you just can't do it anymore with the same flair. SO anyways...this was our little adventure. It was fun and we made awesome memories...but don't plan on doing it again until its at least green and warm outside!!!
Me and the NOT so clear Grand Canyon.

Me again. Just so you know the Canyon is directly behind me, but because of the bad foggy weather you can't tell!! Sad.

Here is Julie and I pretty delirious at about 5 AM as we are waiting to watch the sunrise. We were basically trying to stay awake and keep warm.

Um...this is what I had to fill my gas tank up with during the "road trip". It's the most I have ever paid for gas in my 24 years of existance. Basically this was the only town for miles in Arizona so they felt the freedom to charge a ton more because they could. So I thought I would take a picture for memories sake.
1 comment:
fun times! I love your mad turban wrapping skills, those years in India were useful after all ;)
Post a Comment