Sunday, March 18, 2007

My Sunday Afternoon

This week, I had the joy of purchasing my plane tickets for the "BALI-licious Beach Babe Escape"!! Me along with 5 of my best friends are spending our last 8 vacation days in Bali,Indonesia-- one of the most famous vacation spots in the world!!! (Bali is an island on the southern tip of Indonesia). The AMAZING thing is my plane tickets only cost me $215 round trip with two overnight layovers in Malaysia !! (Is this really my life??)

The next step in the planning process is deciding where we will stay. We decided as a group that we didn't want to stay at cheap hostels, but we wanted to spend some money and actually stay in some nice resorts. So I spent about 4 hours today looking at Resorts, hotels, and villas in Bali. Can I just say that I am sooo in love with Bali. I have seen so many breathtaking resorts and villas (and of course I can't afford most of them), but April and I just clicked in links all afternoon saying things like "oooh" "lets go there" "um...sold". However...everything we really liked is just a little pricey because that 21% added tax just kept throwing us off. So we still have no clue where we will stay, but we have some better ideas!!

So these are pictures of April and I over the progression of FOUR HOURS!! ha ha. We pretty much didn't move. In fact, Lindsey left my apartment for several hours and came back and we were in the exact same position as when we left. I don't know...we thought it was hilarious.


hmmmm....

Oooooooh! Me likey!

looking....and looking....and looking

at a point of a little frustration

Where should we stay?????

Look how dirty our feet are...sick.


Here are some of my favorites...not that I can afford them, but definitely favorites.
1. Bali Villa (this is actually my top choice of options right now...i hope it works out)
2. Aston . Bali My favorite Resort but just barely too expensive
3.
The Four Season- $500 a night, but AMAZING....
4.
Another favorite that I can't afford.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing life you are living!!! :) It looks like an amazing place to visit and it's even better that you get to spend it with so many of your close friends! Good luck finding the perfect place to stay, like you, I like the second one the best.

Lady A said...

I still think we should stay at the Ashton...i mean Aston...
it was only like half the four seasons....lol

Maybe we're being punked!
Maybe we'll get to meet Ashton!
Maybe we're being filmed RIGHT now!!

Brian and Julie Woolery said...

Hey Alicia... This is Julie Rathburn. :) I was looking at Shannon's blog and decided to take a peek at yours and I see you're going to Bali - that's so exciting! You will LOVE it - I guarantee! We went there for about 4 days in January 2006 - It's by far one my most favorite places I've ever been in the whole wide world! So, if you have any questions, let me know... I might remember some names of some cool places to see... But, write to me on myspace, cause I haven't got the whole blogging thing down yet. :) Hope you're having a great week!

merritt said...

Alicia,
I will confess my jealousy of you to the Lord when I say my prayers tonite! That's SO amazing! I'm glad that it's going to work out and that you ticket was so cheap!
-merritt

PS Did you know that you show up as Australia on my blog? Random.

Emily said...

haha!! Maybe you should try broadening your search a little...take off one of the "freakings". :) Also, I feel it's only fair to warn you that your party may be crashed by an old married couple of who the wife just read a blog about Bali and is now going to convinced her hubby to take her there this summer.