Tonight, I had a break through. Some of you, especially those from my past, will really appreciate this particular blog entry. I attended a party tonight with my friends that turned into a spontaneous dance party and I actually knew all the songs!! I wasn't in the dark.
I grew up in the type of family that only listened to "Christian" music because all other music was "bad". Therefore, my entire life I have been the music misfit. I am clueless when it comes to music. So on all the road trip sing-a-longs, high school and college dances, and random spontaneous dance parties (like tonight) I always had to pretend like I knew what all the "hip" and "cool" songs were. But deep down inside, I was a faker and I hated it ( I sound so serious...ha). I wanted to be cool and know all the songs that everyone else knew.
But today...I have arrived. Tonight's spontaneous dance party with the ladies was the first dance party that I actually knew all the songs and was able to sing along with everyone else! I felt so human. I felt so cool. Yep, it's alicia...the girl that had a clue about music. Yesssssss! Just call me "Alicia- the not-so-clueless music girl".
Well honestly, for the most part, I am still clueless, but I am definitely improving. So keep putting your hope in me friends...I am not a lost cause....
My roomie and I both got i-tunes gift cards for Valentine's Day from our parents. So what music should we purchase? Tell me your favorites. Between us we can buy 5 new CD's! What would we do without itunes?!!
5 comments:
"Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira
anything by ben harper, my new favorite is corine bailey ray
I love Ben's song 'Blessed to be a Witness' and I love love love Corine's song ' Put Your Record's On'. It's mine and my roommate's new happy song!!
So is her whole cd good? we were seriosly debating if we should get it or not.
More advice out there?
I agree with Angela. I bought her CD with my Valentines itunes cards. I absolutley LOVE the album. You have to buy it. Besides it only like 7.99. It was money well spent.
More advice.. I gave you recommendations a couple of weeks ago. Do you want more?
Post a Comment