This past weekend, the girls got together for yet another goodbye party. Karen is leaving soon to America and my city will not be the same when she is gone...sigh. Karen and I met two years ago and she is actually the person that convinced and strongly encouraged me to move to South Asia. She was one of the first people that I saw at the airport over a year ago when I first set foot in India!!
There are two things that I especially love about Karen- her coffee and her ghettoness. First of all, Karen has made me a coffee addict because she makes the best coffee on the planet! Seriously. Everyone would become a coffee lover if you had her coffee. Just trust me. Secondly, after spending time with Karen, I talk Ghetto for like the next 3 days...I just can't help it!! We share the same love for da' hood. There really aren't many people in south asia you can talk "ghetto" with...so this is always a treat for me!! She is family and is just another one of many people that makes this city my home. There will be a huge void here when she leaves.
OTHER NEWS in ALICIA's LIFE:
So guess what Lindsey and I did directly after this party? We stayed up till 5 AM watching Grey's Anatomy. And we stayed up till 4:20 AM Saturday finishing up Season 2. We finished all 12 episodes in about 24 hours. Pretty Ridiculous... I know. Right now, we are in the process of downloading season 3 off I-tunes. Did you know it takes like 14 hours to download just one?!! It will take several several days! Seriously.
I would also like to ask for a moment of silence. (Silence..........................................)
My wallet was stolen today. My favorite wallet I have ever had. tear. Since July, I have lost my carry-on, passport, and now my wallet. Am I this irresponsible? Should I even be allowed to be a grown up? What happens when I am actually responsible for other people?! Am I this incompetant. It was a pretty frustrating experience....again. Seriously.
( I would like to make a note that all three losses were NOT MY FAULT).
4 comments:
Alicia, I can't believe this nonsense about your wallet!! SO SAD!! I wanted to cry at the airport when the security lady took my favorite lipgloss merely because it was a liquid and i didn't have it in a ziplock bag! I understand attachment to random items.
Anyway...if you are on new blogger, go to "Layout" and then "Page Elements". Then to the link on the square for "Blog Posts". You should be able to change it there. Email if you have problems or need more explanation: firstnamelastname@gmail.com
LOVED meeting you! And thanks for the rupees! =)
Sad :(
Did you get anything cool at the Craft Mela?
Sad :(
Did you get anything cool at the Craft Mela?
Yay! You did it!
Post a Comment