I had a very very very cute date for Valentine's Day this year! What do single people do on Valentine's day...they babysit! It was my joy and delight to give Jonathan and Kelley a much needed date. Kiran is so grown up now at five months- she is sitting up, laughing at me, and rolling over!!
Lindsey and I were thinking ahead to Valentine's Day 2008 and wondering if we would have HOT dates this time next year. Who knows?! I can honestly say that I am thankful for my singleness this Valentine's Day. Singleness really is a beautiful thing and it's even more beautiful when we surrender to it and find genuine contentment.
At the turn of this year, I also began to get excited thinking about dating one day again! It has been over three years since my last (and only) boyfriend. I felt like Jesus told me I needed to start seriously praying for my husband. I have never been one of those girls that started a journal for my husband and pray for him non-stop. Sorry. But at the beginning of this year, for the first time, I felt Jesus released me to start getting excited about meeting my spouse. Jesus told me I needed to start asking Him persistently for my future soul mate! It honestly makes me giddy to think that God created someone specifically for me that when we come together that we serve the Lord better together! A man to link arms with that shares the same passions and heart for His work among all the nations. A man who just desires me...that kind of baffles my Alicia brain. But I know He is so faithful and He is already at work to bring us together.
Who knows how much longer my singleness will last?! Will I be thirty? I certainly don't have any takers, yet, but it's exciting to think that the Lord has released me to ask for my husband diligently for the first time in years! I am also filled with so much peace as I move forward with God's mysterious and radical plans for my life ... knowing He will give me what I need when I need it.
So this Valentine's Day 2007 I am celebrating my season of singleness and the mystery of Christ's love for me. What will Feb 14, 2008 have in store...more babysitting...or a HOT date?
7 comments:
What a cutie! I want to kiss her cute little cheeks!
What a cutie! I want to kiss her cute little cheeks!
What a cute Valentine's date!! That is how I will be spending my Valentine's evening, with a baby girl in my arms, but there's not much better.
Love you!
Both are quite wonderful! ;) I'm glad you that you are embracing your singleness! It's quite a wonderful time, I think. And baby Kiran is beautiful! I'm happy for you, Alicia! I'm praying that God continues to shower his blessings upon you!!!
if i was a man i would desire you
thanks julie...i am pretty glad you're not a man though...nothing personal. :)
I love that last pic of Kiran! too cute!!
Post a Comment