So these past 11 days have been quite testing in the area of "travel". Currently I am stuck in Thailand with NO PASSPORT and NO VISA to get back into India. Yes it's true. My passport was either stolen or I am a complete idiot and I lost it. Either way it is gone and I am in the process of applying for a new one. There is about a 2% chance that I can get everything worked out tomorrow OR I will be here in Chaing Mai for about 7-10 days waiting for my visa to be processed. So I think I might get an extended vacation...
So this was just the current traveling woe. But actually this was one of many woes this trip. My original flight out of India was canceled and I missed my connecting flight to Singapore. Once I got to Bangkok, Thailand we were unable to fly to Singapore that night and had to fly out the next morning. Not to mention, I had to REPURCHASE my one-way ticket to Singapore. The one-way ticket was double the price of my original round-trip ticket. So much for using a discount airline.
So these are my traveling woes...but here are some of the Positives.
1. In India, they put us up in the HYAT for the night (just for the record- its the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in)
2. In Bangkok- when we were stranded we found OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE and ate some great beef.
3. India has taught me to not freak out when things don't go my way. So it didn't even phase me when all this was happening. I think I maintained my integrity and my cool.
4. We only missed like 12 hours in Singapore.
5. My passport is being processed quickly and everything is coming together.
6. I just might get another 7-10 day paid vacation (while waiting for my visa to be processed) while in one of the nicest cities in Asia.
So anyways... despite the woes and God sent sweet blessing along the way. I will one day post about Singapore when I have my own computer again....sigh I miss it. Email me at gmail or leave comments... i am missing my link to america. you.
3 comments:
oh no!! well at least you're in thailand - eat some pad thai or curry and enjoy the scenery.
I'm sorry you are having so many problems! I am glad to see, though, that you are able to see the bright side of things. :) I hope everything works out and you get to spend some unexpected fun time in Thailand!
I bet your passport was stolen out of your room at the Lotus! I ended up getting my sunglasses back... so that was pretty cool ;) (but not the money... oh well) Hope you have fun in CM - whoo hoo!
Post a Comment