After 12 days of an unexpected extended vacation, I am going home. Today, I was able to pick up my NEW passport which now has a 6 month Indian visa so that I can return home. Previously, I had a 10 year visa...so I will have to renew it when I am back in Thailand in just 6 short months.
My time here has been refreshing, relaxing, and delightful. A typically stressful situation (losing your passport in a foreign country) turned out to be a HUGE blessing. I have sweet sweet friends (the Kapur's) who live here that insisted that I come stay with them in their home rather than in various hotels. I took them up on their offer and it has been WONDERFUL. Their house is beautiful and in a perfect location in the city. The Kapur's are godly people and just being with them and seeing how they live their lives daily has been an inspiration and such a great example to me. They are great mentors for me.
The best part of my time here is the time I have had to spend with the Lord. Every day, I would go to Starbucks and sit for hours and just journal and read while listening to my i-pod. It was blissful. It was a great time of reflecting, focusing on my last 7 months, and also praying for my future when my term ends! The Lord really spoke to me a lot and I feel refreshed, encouraged and strengthened.
Another thing I loved about being here is getting walk around everywhere! In India, I never really get any physical activity and I hate it. You can walk places but you are dodging way to many items such as cows, rickshaws, potholes, crap, and people that its unenjoyable and takes too much focus. But in Chiang Mai they have great sidewalks and everything is so beautiful to look at. Another thing I loved about Chiang Mai is that I don't get stared at! It's amazing! I blend in with all the other foreigners that are here! This also makes walking around the city suprisingly delightful.
As sad as I am to leave, I am really ready and anxious to go home. I have been away for more than 3 weeks and it's time to go. I only have 7 months left and honestly I am afraid its going to go by too quickly! But now, I am focused and have direction...so India...here I come!!
COMING SOON...pics of my time in Singapore (my new favorite place on the planet).
My time here has been refreshing, relaxing, and delightful. A typically stressful situation (losing your passport in a foreign country) turned out to be a HUGE blessing. I have sweet sweet friends (the Kapur's) who live here that insisted that I come stay with them in their home rather than in various hotels. I took them up on their offer and it has been WONDERFUL. Their house is beautiful and in a perfect location in the city. The Kapur's are godly people and just being with them and seeing how they live their lives daily has been an inspiration and such a great example to me. They are great mentors for me.
The best part of my time here is the time I have had to spend with the Lord. Every day, I would go to Starbucks and sit for hours and just journal and read while listening to my i-pod. It was blissful. It was a great time of reflecting, focusing on my last 7 months, and also praying for my future when my term ends! The Lord really spoke to me a lot and I feel refreshed, encouraged and strengthened.
Another thing I loved about being here is getting walk around everywhere! In India, I never really get any physical activity and I hate it. You can walk places but you are dodging way to many items such as cows, rickshaws, potholes, crap, and people that its unenjoyable and takes too much focus. But in Chiang Mai they have great sidewalks and everything is so beautiful to look at. Another thing I loved about Chiang Mai is that I don't get stared at! It's amazing! I blend in with all the other foreigners that are here! This also makes walking around the city suprisingly delightful.
As sad as I am to leave, I am really ready and anxious to go home. I have been away for more than 3 weeks and it's time to go. I only have 7 months left and honestly I am afraid its going to go by too quickly! But now, I am focused and have direction...so India...here I come!!
COMING SOON...pics of my time in Singapore (my new favorite place on the planet).
3 comments:
I left you a nice, long commet but blogger ate it up.
i am so thankful that you had a good experience in singapore (and a good rest, too)! yes, be sure to post those pics soon. i'm sure many will be waiting to see! :)
hey, glad to hear that you're back in india, and that your time in thailand was good. i got stuck in bangkok for medical stuff, and though it was unexpected, it also ended up being just what i needed. i love how He knows us better than we know ourselves! love ya :)
Post a Comment