Thursday, January 18, 2007

safe & sound in India and a little randomness

I arrived home a little bit before midnight yesterday (the 17th). It is good to be home. It's amazing to me how ugly and drab india looks after being away for so long. Even the busses and rickshaws seem dirtier and uglier than before...which sometimes I didn't think was possible.

My adjustment back has been good so far... it is really just great to be home. I spent most of today putting my house back together from the holiday rush and doing a deep clean. I also had the electrician come and fix several of our outlets. Later in the afternoon, I went to teach English and also got to meet a new member and potential new roomie today! Laura is really sweet and I think we are going to get along just great. So it was a great first day back...a little out and a little in.

My computer is finally back together tonight! In the busyness of the Christmas season, I didn't have time to put everything back on it! So now, I have finally have all my songs in itunes (PTL!) and I now have contacts in my Outlook...so now I can send out a newsletter. I guess I have to write one first before I can send it...its on my list of things to do on the weekend. Oh and I finally have all my pictures back now too... yay

Random. Did you know that apple came out with a new product? iphone. I love gadgets....it makes me really want this....Anyone wanna buy me one when i get back...ha ha

Random again. I watched American Idol tonight....it made me and my roommate laugh really hard... do they realize they are being made fun of??

7 comments:

Shannon said...

LOL! You were able to watch American Idol?! Who was your favorite? Mine was the girl with the gold shirt, no bra, black skirt and sneakers singin Don't Cha and the guy with the bug eyes attempting to sing Unchained Melody and the guy with the red hair and beard. I don't remember what he was singing but I believe he was the very last one. LOL! It was hilarious. My favorite part of American Idol.

Alicia said...

ok...so the people you described were the exact ppl that I was talking about when I said... "Do they know they are being made fun of?"
I liked when simon asked the blonde girl with bright red lipstick, black shoes, and gold shirt with no bra...what look she was going for and she said "sexy" just "sexy". ha ha...i was rolling laughing and also feeling guilty for making fun of her by laughing...her and her mom were quite commical.

Shannon said...

If I sat down and had a brainstorming meeting on what kind of freak I could be today I don't think that I could come up with anything close to the people that are on there.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we watched that, too. I felt really bad for some of them; they don't realize they are being set up for a laugh, I suppose. That poor guy who Simon said looked like a monkey? That's just mean!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! You're home. I need to hear about your new potential roommate!!! LOVE YA!!!

Hannah

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound. If you want me to come and see you, you cannot talk about how dirty it all looks!!!

Amber said...

Sorry for not commenting! I know this is way late...but I am glad you made it home FINALLY and that you were able to settle in pretty well.

I love you.