Saturday, October 07, 2006

Home Improvement & Shopping

Lindsey and I have finally decided to buy a few things to give the finishing touches to our house! As I mentioned earlier, we finally bought pillows for our couch and now we have a new table cloth for our kitchen table!! We found the table cloth at a store called Anoki. Anoki is my new joy! It's this great store here that sales awesome indian clothes and also a large variety of home store items! Oh, we also recently took our curtains to the tailor...now they don't drag the floor (they are 6 inches shorter). It only cost $3.50 to get all 13 curtain altered!! yay. Does it make you want to come visit?! Seriously...think about it. :)

Today I went shopping! My roommate Lindsey was thrilled that I actually wanted to go shopping. I am actually not a huge shopper. I don't enjoy it unless I need something. I actually shop more like a male. Anyways... back to my shopping. I bought one ready made suit and two different types of material to make two new suits. I will take them to the tailor later this week.

The Indian Suit or Salwar Kameez- (model of green and blue suit)

Blue pants- salwar pants (kind of like MC Hammer pants...super baggy)
Green and blue shirt- Khurta- its not too flattering, but covers your booty!!
The green and blue scarf- Dupatta- It's purpose is to cover...well... you know... This is considered to be a woman's virtue. A male should never touch her dupatta!! Pretty much if you leave the house without your "virtue" you are considered to be a loose woman! Can i mention that most women including me hate the dupatta! It's very annoying. It always falls off and its super hot. It's like wearing a scarf in the summertime.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your home looks beautiful! Yes, the prices do make you want to come visit. It's just that pesky plane ticket.... :) Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

cute material... love you

Amber said...

I love all of your things! I am glad you are making the few adjustment so make it even more homey than it already was! I am jelous of the shopping in India...but am grateful for my bedcover. I have received many compliments on it.

I LOVE the tablecloth. You guys have great taste.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! Me likey!