I think Kiran really likes her toy ducky. I caught them having a conversation today on film. I wonder what she was really trying to say? This pictures is one of my favorites that I have taken in her first 6 weeks of life.
After babysitting, Lindsey and I went shopping for Divalli. The market was marked with brightly festive lights and tinsel! I could definitely feel the celebration in the air! The markets were soo busy tonight!! It was fun...it kind of feels the holiday season in America. I love it.
This is the market where I do most of my shopping. About a five minute walk from my house. To me it looks a lot more festive, but I am realizing now, for you, it might seem just like a typical crazy market in India!! Wait what is typical? This lady in this shop is my favorite!! I always go to her...technically she is my grocer and this is my grocery store!


This is Lindsey and I in a rickshaw on the way home...and this is lindsey wrapping all the gifts!!! I helped wrap too, but her picture was more fun than mine. Fun times.







5 comments:
I enlarged that picture of the sweet lady behind the counter and saw MOON PIES and MILKY BARS! Now, a question for you...have you ever actually eaten one of those delicious-looking Moon Pies or Milky Bars?! Happy Dawali! (What IS Dawali?)
Oops, Divalli! Not Dawali.
Akat,
Actually I have not tried either one of those...maybe I should. Divalli is "the festival of lights" and its the largest Hindu holiday of the year. It is focused around the god Ram and how he defeats evil once and for all. They give gifts, visit people's home, hang lights, and have personal poojua (worship) to Laxmi, the goddess of wealth, in their homes. I hope that helps.
That is one precious baby! I love the picture of her talking to her duck. :)
Your market looks like fun, very exciting.
Have a great day!
Post a Comment