Friday, August 27, 2010

When It Rains it Pours

This week was the first week where I have actually had the time to deal with my unemployment and lack of cash flow. These are all the things that happened this week to make this week a week that I never want to come back to again.

1. My car got towed and it cost me $275 to get it back.
2. I found out I might not qualify for unemployment after all because I am a graduate student. For the past 3 weeks thought I was collecting and getting some cash flow. I still don't know if get it UI.
3. I realized that even if I get a job at Starbucks at $8 an hour and work full-time I won't make enough money to pay my bills monthly.
4. I got a traffic ticket in the mail.
5. I have less than $200 in my bank account and I have all my bills due in the next two weeks.
6. I have had NO leads on a job WHATSOEVER. I have even sent out tons of Nanny interest and NOTHING.
7. I am becoming socially awkward as I have no social interaction all day long with the actual real world.
8. I officially can't afford Starbucks Coffee.

So that was my week. Yes. Please call me Debbie Downer, I will own up to it. But this week was seriously such a bad week filled with close to mental break-downs and lots of tears. I am not sure what God is doing or what he is teaching me.... this could be a long semester.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

My first thought is call First Irving and see if they are hiring! I love you, Alicia. I'm praying for you right now. Sorry things are so tough. I can't imagine.

Becks said...

You need a Starbucks Suga Daddy.