A very common phrase in the apartment of 611 over the past couple of years has been "damage control." I have received this phrase via text messaging or phone calls from either roommate, Becka or Sarah, which means that whatever plans I had for the night are rescheduled and I am theirs for the night. Breakups, bad news, job losses, last day of jobs, or any type of emotional stress usually results in in the need for damage control. Some of the most common damage control outings involve Target, Chick-fil-a, and Old Navy. Exreme measures and free schedules do indeed call for the beach. Over the years, we have gotten pretty good at determing what each other needs. On Monday, I resigned from my position at CBU. Despite the fact that I had a peace about it, I was still a complete wreck. I came home to my roommates who had already collaborated the damage control for the evening. At 7 pm, I come home to them telling me to grab a sweat shirt and that we were headed on a road trip. I of course know that we are headed to the beach and I am relieved to know that we are getting out of Riverside. I love the beach more than most things, but I especially love the beach at night. We of course jammed to all our favorite hip hop music cd's we always make for road trips and headed to Laguna Beach. So we put in our names at BJ's and enjoyed all that BJ's has to offer including their amazing Spinach Artichoke Dip and Pizookie's. We were thankful for the dark and handsome waiter but even more thankful for the ridiculous females next to us that were such ridiculous "California Gurls" as snoop dog and perry would say. After filling our bellies, we traveled across the street to the beach where we plopped our bottoms in the sand and talked. The damage control was initially for me, but God is doing big things in all of our lives and I think we all needed the beach. It was just refreshing to be with sisters that loved me unconditionally and know my heart and where I am. The evening ended with us sharing our hearts through prayer requests and then getting the privilege to actually pray for each other right there on the beach for the next half hour or more. We walked away blessed and refreshed. Some of my best memories in Southern California are the ones praying in crazy places of nature with these ladies.
And yes we were all three wearing the Boyfriend Cut Sweat pants.....
3 comments:
What great friends. I love it. BTW, I wore my boyfriend (husband?) pants during a recent girls trip to the beach. I was the only one who didn't freeze my butt off in the hotel that night.
That was a GREAT ending to a GREAT post! Those sweatpants man, they've seen us through some days!
Amanda,
I still try to find ways to logicaly convince myself why I need another pair of boyfriend cut sweat pants. I hope you find them to be amazingly awesome still. Have you convinced anyone to buy them yet?
Post a Comment