Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Little Sunshine

After two recent depressing posts, I thought it would be appropriate for me to post how great and awesome my day was today!

1. I interfaced with lots of people today starting with my awesome notorious cohort this morning at 8 am! It was nice to have something to wake up for this morning.
2. I got an interview through a temp agency on Tuesday at 9:00 AM.
3. I had lunch with my friend Kim who is two weeks from delivering her second baby!
4. I had FREE Chick-fil-a for lunch with Kim because of coupons.
5. I stopped by my favorite little indian market/store in Riverside. I took it upon myself to try to network to find a job in the Indian community.
6. I got to share the gospel today and have lots of spiritual conversations with the sweet Indian couple.
7. In the process of the conversation, the Indian man asked me if I was experiencing financial hardship, he then gave me $40 in cash from his register. I cried.
8. My sweet friend Natalie came over and we laid by the pool for a little bit. We went to India this summer together and I am going to be mentoring her this semester!! I am somehow funnier and wittier when she is around.
9. I had a club status dance party with my roommate Becka and Natalie to end the evening...there were great tunes, heals, and free-flowing hair. Our apartment might never been the same.

Today was sunshine in the midst of a really stormy and rainy week. God gave me opportunity to share His truth, to invest in a girl i love dearly, and to just have some normal interaction with people!!

I was also completely blessed by the Indian man who gave me $40 for a tank of gas. He's not even in the family of God and he extended to me such kindness. This man doesn't really have any more money than I do. He was so generous and I feel so undeserving. I was just plain blessed by the goodness of God today!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Alicia, wow, I love how the Lord was loving on you! Especially through that Indian man! That makes me want to cry. I'm praying for the right doors to open for you. Love you, sister.