My Grandfather is 77 years old and he is my most consistant letter writer! Every month or so I usually receive a letter that has been written on his type writer. My grandfather is like many in his generation that is content leaving computers to be and sticking to his trusty and well known type writer. I never got personalized letters from him in the states- so moving overseas has benefited me and helped me get to know him better! It's amazing the different perks there are for moving half way across the world. Here is his most recent! It is precious and I had to share it with you!!Dear Alicia,
Just a note to say I missed you in May,
as well as in other months every day.
Although soon you will on your way,
coming to Texas without delay.
With many thing from your adventures to say,
by your family you will leisurely lay,
Be with your friends becausethere will be time to play.
Then back to the place God wants you to stay,
from here and there people will pray.
The Lord is with you and will not sway,
from the promises He made today.
Love, Grandad
3 comments:
That is SO sweet!!! What a wonderful granddad!
How so sweet!
I really envy you! When I just have a dim memory to my two granddads.
You are a really lucky girl in the world!
What a blessing that God put you in your wonderful, loving family! Thank you for sharing and showing others that there really are some still come great caring families!
Post a Comment