Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Random thoughts from me....

Many people ask me what is the hardest part about being away? Is it the no starbucks, or Chick-fil-A or Dr. Pepper? I love all these things, but I can't complain. They are just "things".

So when people ask me what is the hardest part about being away... I always say its my relationships with friends and family. I am a relational person to the core. I love people more than anything and I am a loyal person. So what I miss is not being an active part of people's lives. I miss being there for important events like weddings, watching cousins grow up, and having face to face heart to hearts with friends.

This past weekend one of my sweetest and dearest friends from high school and college got married. It was hard not to be there and support her on such an important day. But my amazing best friends kept their cells near by and the digital camera working overtime. I got an over abundance of pictures and phone calls along the way!! Even though I was a way, I felt like I was there. Thanks ladies and congrats Ashley!!

This is a picture of Ashley's wedding. I decided to photoshop myself in. You notice on the far right I am in a Sari (my indian attire). I couldn't bear to be out of the picture so I put myself in the picture!! he he

Even thought the distance is far between all of us...I can honestly say, I feel so connected. So thank you to all of YOU who are so wonderful to call me, to email me, and to pray for me! You truly are amazing and each of you has and continue to encourage me along the way! YOU are precious to me!!

I thank my God in all my rememberance of YOU.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Alishka,
Wow, you are so cool!!!!!
I like your style. I miss you.
You are really really great!
Have a fun, there and I wish we see, soon..

IOU!!!(I love you!)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Very cool!!

did you know that you can get Dr. Pepper for $1 a can in south delhi now??? FYI :)

Emily said...

how did you do that?? I'm so impressed! You sound like you do have wonderful friends. :)