Monday, February 20, 2006

Keeping my American Roots

I am learning that it is important for me to find places in my city where I can feel 100% American and escape from Indian culture. This past weekend I had a very American day...and it was much NEEDED. I went to a soccer game at the American Embassy School. It felt good to feel like a soccer mom and cheer on Micah and Sean (two of the kids on my team). I also got to run around the soccer track. It felt great to RUN...I haven't gotten a chance to do that since I moved here.



This Pic is kind of funny because its look like America but there is a cute Sikh kid on the left with a white turbin on his head...isn't that fun?!

After the soccer game, Kim and I went to one of my favorite restaraunts in GK-1 N block Market called Cafe Turtle. This place is so cute and American. I feel like I have stepped into the movie "You've Got Mail." I love to come here with a girlfriend to just talk and enjoy a delicious dessert!!!







After that I was able to come home and rest a little. Then a group of us went to eat at this Mediteranean restaurant where I got Fettichini Alfredo (my favorite) then we went to a coffee shop and just laughed.

It was really nice to hang out with people my age and just enjoy each other. WE even all busted out our American garb. I love America!! Tell her I said hello!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alicia,

How fun that you got your picture in the paper! Your experiences show just how much of a different world you are living in now! You are giving inspiration not just to all of the people who watch you there (which seems a little weird and scary to me), but also to the people here reading your blog. Thank you! I P that dad continues to pour his blsings over you.

Amber said...

Amen for a little taste of America in a foreign land...though I imagine you appreciate a lot more than I do.

I am so encouraged by what you write as you share your experiences with others! You help me strive toward better blogging! May I follow in your footsteps.

I love you!