The day has finally come and I will be running my Half Marathon at the Surf City Marathon! 13.1 miles here I come!! After 18 weeks of training I would say that I feel prepared and ready to tackle Sunday morning. Training for this marathon has been an enjoyable experience. I have come a long way. I remember my first long run of 4 miles that I wanted to cry because I seriously think I was the last one to finish. I felt like such a failure and that I sucked at running and at that moment in time that I sucked at life. But here I am months later and my last long run last week of 9 miles was easy and I can honestly say enjoyable. Like I said I have come a long way!! 6793 is my bib number that I will get to proudly display while running.
I am sure there is some great lesson or parallel to my life and training for this marathon, but I will save that to ponder on my nice long run on Saturday.
There is about 15-20 of us from CBU that are running (along with my roomie) on Sunday morning. So please keep us in your prayers- we would all really appreciate that!! Most of my friends are running the full 26.2 and are pretty nervous (as they should be!) Pray that our bodies will be safe and recover quickly!!
I will hopefully get to post some fun pictures after Sunday!
6 comments:
I am so proud of you sug!
You go girl! I'm so proud!
You are my running hero. I want to run like you some day. What color are your running shoes?
alicia,
i randomly found your blog and really wanted to email you, but couldn't find the link on your blog. anyway. just wanted to let you know that i'm praying for you (re:do you move back overseas)!!! i read through your whole blog yesterday (slow day at work) and i spent a couple of weeks in SA with the caskey's in the summer of 2006. anyway-shoot me an email sometime with your email, i'd love to share a bit of my story with you. :)
anna.cordes@gmail.com
anna
I love you and am proud of you! I cannot wait to see pictures.
Well - how did it go?
Post a Comment