Saturday, January 03, 2009

2008 Reflection

I absolutely love the New Year holiday. I love staying up late just for the purpose of counting down the last seconds of the current year and bringing in the New Year with great celebration fireworks, and sometimes singing!! I love reflecting on the past year and recognizing the experiences God has brought me through- the valleys and the mountain tops. One of my most memorable New Years was in Singapore 2006. Me and my best friends sat on the kitchen floor with grape juice and shared the high and lows of the year. It was such a refreshing time of seeing God's faithfulness through our time of overseas.

My friend Kelley blogged asking, "What was the single best thing that happened this past year? There were lots of great things that happened in 2008-

  • Julie and Lindsey visiting me
  • Golden Gate Missions Conference
  • Julie getting married
  • Leading a team of CBU students to Munich, Germany
  • Returning to India and seeing my Indian family there!
  • Moving in with my roommates: Sarah and Becka
  • Starting seminary classes at Golden Gate
  • I became a runner and actually love it

But the greatest thing that happened to me in 2008 was getting hired to work and do ministry at California Baptist University. God allowed me to start putting down some roots and gave me a specific community, global ministry, and life in California! God is Good!!


*just some of my cali community

I have just about finished my 2009 Resolutions... Here's a few:

  • A guy that's fine and mine in 2009 (gotta stick with rhymed guy theme- my date in 08 worked last- why stop a good thing?)
  • Getting on a budget
  • Run my half-marathon
  • Be Soda free in 2009 (trying again this year)
  • Start the Global Studies Program at Golden Gate in the fall
  • Start a mentoring groups at CBU
  • and many many more..... :)

2 comments:

Kelley C said...

You did have a fantastic year!!! I'm so thrilled about your job and the stability for the future that it gives you. Its nice to be able to put roots down!

Emily said...

I love your first resolution rhyme! :) And I think the running is awesome - I (sometimes) wish I ran. It obviously agrees with you, you are lookin' slim, tan, and gorgeous! (and my, those arms! ;)