Saturday, December 20, 2008

Running


Today I went for a nice 7.5 mile run. I think one of my favorite things about this past semester has been running. Life this semester has been pretty intense with having a 40 hour a week job and doing full-time classes. My job also seems to steal all of my mental brain power. I struggle to find time for my own thoughts and sometimes for my own life. Running is the only time of the week that I have time to think. I have come to really enjoy my long runs because I get to escape from the busyness of life and actually have time by MYSELF to think. Tonight as I was running everything was so beautiful- my typical running route is a tree-shaded lane that is framed by the classic California palm trees. If you look far into the distance you can see the snow-capped mountains. It is a beautiful run and the weather tonight was PERFECT. I found myself thinking about New Years resolutions, life goals, relationships, and who the Lord is to me right now. I always feel like a new person after running. I feel refreshed and motivated. I have decided it is my favorite introverted thing to do! I used to really like to run with people but now I LOVE running by myself (meaning not talking to anyone) Because, I do run with Becka, but she runs fast than me and is usually about 2 minutes ahead of me. She is my source of encouragement for those long runs...we usually high 5 at lights and stop signs. So we run together but separate which is PERFECT in my Alicia world. So anyways... As I was running to night I was thinking about how much I was enjoying my run and thought out this entire blog entry in my mind. So here it is...

1 comment:

Becks said...

All i can say is yes, I love that we blissfully enjoy those runs together, but separate - beautiful thing.