Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Year's Resolutions for 2008

I am a New Year's Resolution kind of girl. I think it's because I like goals and I like to challenge myself. Some people say I am intense because of this. I would believe them if I was a little more hard core about actually following through. So I have been thinking through what I want my New Year's Resolutions to be for 2009. But I thought it would be fun to see how I did last year. I had 3 categories: health, spiritual, & personal.

Physical 2008:
1. I wanted to lose weight- COMPLETE. I didn't lose as much as I wanted but i lost some and I like where I am. So that's accomplishment enough.
2. I wanted to run 15-20 miles a week. Ok- first of all... what was I thinking? But I have been training for half marathon...so I am going to say COMPLETE!

Spiritual 2008:
1. Wanted to be more consistent in the Word and in Prayer- LIFE LONG RESOLUTION
2. Fast for South Asia- lame- didn't accomplish this. I wish i would've. I bet my fellow brothers and sisters who are suffering there wish i would've too.

Personal 2009:
1. I want to start cooking in my apartment most nights- Nope...hasn't happened. Wait- when am I home to cook on weeknights? ha ha.
2. I want to be Soda Free in 2008- I made it to May 2008- then I went to Germany and have been soda naughty since then.
3. I want to make my bed daily- COMPLETE.
4. I never want to go to bed without doing the dishes- COMPLETE. I now have Becka- my roommate- and she rocks at doing the dishes!!
5. Less facebook time- NOPE
6. I want to read a book a month at least- NOPE
7. I want to look into graduate programs and figure out where my life is going- COMPLETE.
Full-time job and just completed my first semester of my Masters program.
8. A DATE in 2008! COMPLETE.

It's interesting that I FAILED in the spiritual category. What to do? I would say not too bad on my resolutions. I met some of them! I am having fun brainstorming what I want my resolutions to be for 2009.

4 comments:

Emily said...

You met more than you didn't, so that's impressive!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

I want to know more about the date :)
I think you did GREAT in 2008 :) Keep it up!

Shannon said...

yay for Alicia blogging again!!

Becks said...

Bed every time ha? Hmmm... debatable. And is there anything else I am good for besides the dish washer? Sounds like a gender stereotype from the 1800's. Maybe I should put on a maid apron too and then cook the roast in heels and pearls to put a 1950's spin on it.