Thursday, April 10, 2008

Aspring to Be a Runner



One of my New Year's Resolutions was to start running 15-20 miles a week. The beauty of a New Year's Resolution is that you have the whole year to accomplish it. I attempted the whole running thing in January, but honestly it was just too cold, so when it started warming up here in Southern California I got excited to start running.

Just for a little background on me and my running history...there is no history. ha. I have kind of always aspired to be a runner, but honestly I hate running. Mentally, I get bored and it just isn't really the funnest sport...especially for the extrovert. But here I am today to tell you that for the past 3 weeks, I have been consistent in running!! The most amazing thing is that I actually LOVE it. I find recently that it is kind of becoming addictive.

I have found a very diligent running partner, Julie, that actually LIKES to run in the mornings! Believe it or not, I love running in the mornings (shock i know) I just know myself well enough to know that I won't get up on my own. So Julie and I have been running Monday's and Wednesday's at 6 AM. I actually really love it. Who knew?

So anyways...maybe soon I won't have to aspire to be a runner any longer...and I can just say that I am a runner!! Wahoo. The best thing about this whole running thing is that I am actually really really enjoying it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The key to truly initiating yourself into the running world is to do a race. Do a 10K or halfmarathon. There are tons in the Riverside area. It is so funny running with other runners! Definitely motivating. good job, BF

Emily said...

That's great! I don't like running - I prefer walking, mainly because I'm not very strong. :) James runs though and I'm always so impressed by you runners. Way to go!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

I don't like running - it bores me too :) Tha'ts cool that you're running :) Keep it up!

Shannon said...

I having runners ADD too. The key to getting past the boredom of running is having a kick ass selection of music to listen to. It worked for me.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you today and thought I'd pass on these words of wisdom:

"You can't be with someone until you learn to be with yourself"

"In order for two people to become one, each person has to be one by themselves first"

mariel said...

does running after my kids all day count? Then I too am a runner...haha! Congratulations on your accomplishment!!

Anonymous said...

congrats. dave & i are signing up for the long beach half-marathon in october. we'll be doing our long runs on saturdays....

also, the loma linda lopers have opened up a Riverside chapter. they run on sunday mornings at 6:30a and meet at the citrus park on van buren. they train for the la marathon.

come sign up!