January 31- February 6- Lindsey Came to Visit!
My time with Lindsey was awesome! We had sooo much fun together. We traveled all over Southern California and even spent a whole day in bed watching Season 1 of Chuck. We used to love to watch full seasons together in India...so it was appropriate that we watch something. And Chuck is so up Lindsey's alley...it's where Alias and The Office meet together in one hilarious and wholesome show!! I tried to convince her to move here, but unfortunately it didn't work.
We Went To Disneyland....
We went to the infamous San Diego Zoo (this is us on a double-decker bus that we rode to tour the zoo).
February 8-10- Intensive Training Weekend
I absolutely LOVE my job here at Cal Baptist. I have never had a job that has fit my personality and my giftings so perfectly. I am also having great opportunities to grow professionally and in leadership roles. We have about 325 students here going on overseas trips this summer. Part of their training is that they have to do a weekend of training on campus. Yes, we made them sleep in classrooms! It was a great weekend. Our staff put a lot of work into the event, but God blessed our efforts. The picture below is all the participants of the International Service Projects this summer! This is why I have been so busy and not blogging...that's a lot of students!!!


February 15-17- Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary Missions Conference in San Francisco, CA
This past weekend, me and our staff took 8 students to a missions conference! This was my first time to ever go to San Francisco and it did not disappoint! I loved it!! We got to spend Saturday exploring the city, however, we couldn't find parking for the 15 passenger van...so instead...Ethan and I drove around looking for a parking spot for two hours while the others got to see the city. It was kind of a bummer, but at least I got to see the city and I was in good company! I definitely want to go back. The conference was really good, but I think the fellowship was just what I needed. I didn't take any pictures but I stole these from others....

The Golden Gate Bridge is behind us...you just can't see it...sad.

The Golden Gate Bridge is behind us...you just can't see it...sad.
This Weekend.... Friday and Saturday....
I am going to Mexico. Ha. I have actually never been to Mexico before. I am pretty excited about crossing another country off my list. It is a work trip to see a possible location for next years Intensive Training Weekend.
So that is kind of what I have been up to on my weekends. This year has been really busy. I have been meeting with lots of students on campus. God is doing amazing things in the hearts of students here and it's such a privilege to be a part it!! I am in a season of such great joy and just excitement for what God is doing in my life and hopefully in my future. I am soo thankful for this season...God is soo good.
8 comments:
FUN! Looks like you've had a blast! What fun!! In that pic of you and Lindsey - you look absolutely beautiful!! Your eyelashes look really cool too! Anyway, sounds like you're having a blast! How cool!!
hi! i'm glad you had fun in san fran despite the having to drive around for so long. hopefully you got the drive-by version of the greatest city ever :)
i haven't seen you in a while and after you crazy weekend and if you have time ever, we should hang out. k, that's all.
you sound busy but you sound like you love it. I'm so glad!!! I miss you but I enjoy seeing what you are up to.
HI! I just happened upon your blog - and really enjoyed reading your posts! Look like God is working through you!! Yay for you! I'll be back!
Cute blog! Do you go to first irving? We do but I still don't know everyone!
Lori
~The Bargain Shopper Lady
hey hottie - i'm in roma.
i will come to cali tomorrow!!! i'll give you a call in a few days after i eat chickfila and get over a little jet lag!!! love you sug!
apes
Wow!
I hadn't seen the ISP picture yet... That is a lot of people :)
Andrea took the words right out of my mouth - you are one hot momma! I know you and Lindsey must've had a blast!
Post a Comment