Friday, July 14, 2006

First days in America!


I found myself incredibly ancy the last 1.5 hours of my long 12 hour flight. I was giddy and excited to be around people who spoke my language and I new what everyone around me was saying!! I was so excited to go through customs and have the passport stamper guy be American! Wahoo. I was greeted by Hannah and Ashley my sweetest and dearest friends in the whole world!!! It was a joyful reunion with lots of running and big HUGS!!
Immediately after I arrived we went straight to the tailor to get my bridesmaids dress altered. We also did a little shopping cause I got to attend a my first and only shower for Hannah. But I gave away all my skirts and dresses...so I had to go SHOPPING! It was kind of a weird cultural moment but I persevered.
The next morning I had breakfast with some of my favorite woman and mentors from my home church! It was so sweet of them to take out their time to hangout with me! (thanks ladies)


This is Hannah and Cameron!!! In 2 days the future Mr. and Mrs. Whitley. I thought you should meet them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're so close...so close. i miss you boo

Amanda said...

Yay! We made the blog! It was so great to see you. I hope you have so much fun at the wedding! Hannah looks like the girls in the J Crew catalogs. See you Sunday, sweet sister!
Amanda