
One of my favorite memories of Christmas is baking and decorating sugar cookies!! Some of my earliest memories of Christmas was rolling out cookie dough and decorating them with my mom. We use to always make dozens and dozens to give to our teacher as gift. There is something really fun about getting to cut out Christmas shape from the dough and then using a variety of colors of icing and sprinkles to make the cookies festive.
Because I still love this tradition, I thought I would pass it on to my closest Indian friends here! So we had a sugar cooking party.
1. Make the dough- Lindsey my roomate, Me, Kelley (close close friend) and Mona (my wonderful and close close national friend). We just completed the dough and are about to stick it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Roll out the dough - I was able to teach Tini and Ericka how to roll out the dough and then to do the cutouts!! They were so excited! It was their first time to ever do this. It was fun to see the Joy on their faces when they made thier first cooke cutout!! It was priceless.
3. Decorating the Cookies - This is where all the creative juices really started to flow!! I would have to say that the grown man at the table (Sunjay) was the most creative and most precise!!
4. The Finished Product - We had several beautiful and delicious cookies to enjoy!!! Everyone had a great time and really had Fun...(especially the two little girls).





No comments:
Post a Comment