Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Movement

At the core of who God created me to be, I am a mobilizer. I love to come alongside people and help them move one step forward.  I have a reputation in ministry for my encouraging yet challenging tone to those God has given me stewardship.  There have been seasons in life where experiences or people have mobilized me and caused my previously stagnant life to be filled with fluid movement that rewarded me with great joy, purpose, and significance.  This joy layered with God's faithfulness has caused me to long for movement in my own life.  And even more so, it has produced in me a desire to mobilize others and to see supernatural movement in other's lives.

But what happens when I (Alicia) become immobile?

Satan has this clever and unique ability to take the God-given gems that he has given us and distort them to use against us.  Because I am a mobilizer, Satan can have victory in my life by making me paralyzed.  Paralyzed to move. And my honesty will share with you that I am in a current season of paralysis.  

Yesterday, I was having lunch with my pastor's wife and through our conversation I realized how clearly  Satan had been accusing me of so many things in my personal life that were the root of my current paralysis.  He has accused me of so many things from laziness, to ugliness, to  lack of spiritual maturity, to convincing me that I am the last person on the planet that is equipped for my job at Bayou City Fellowship. It wasn't until sharing all the things that I was struggling with that this theme of accusation became so clear.  And that my feelings of lack of worth and position in Christ was less about me and more about Satan's accusations against me.  Satan has been working over-time in his accusations towards me and sadly I have believed every single accusation. The result has been paralysis and stagnancy. He's sooo very clever. If he can paralyze me, then I am noneffective and not living in truth.  Yet, the TRUTH  is that Christ purchased with His own blood,  all of my sin and shame and He accuses me of nothing!

Yesterday evening, I also had the joy of sitting with a new sister Crista, and share my entire life story and all my dark corners and all the accusations that Satan has been holding over me. There is such freedom in Truth and bringing light to dark corners.There is freedom in accountability and letting people know you.  Today, I feel so much freedom.  I feel movement and fluid leaking back in my bones. I feel joy and purpose returning.  And I am un-threatened by the accusations, even today, that Satan has thrown in my direction. Victory.

There is no more freedom and joy than what we can find in the gospel (life, death, burial, and resurrection) of Jesus Christ.  He paid it all.

What are the God-given gifts or things in your life that Satan has distorted to use against you?  I pray that you can find truth in Victory today.

3 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

I am so happy to have met you and to soon be serving with you at BCF! I don't think we will be still long! :) I am also ready to move. Ready to be active in the kingdom of God and to what God has called me to do. I know I will find that opportunity at BCF! I would also love to get together with you sometime and hear your story! I am a runner and I love the beach. :) Those are just two of the things we have in common. I am sure there are many more!!

Amanda said...

Love you, girl. I was so glad we got that spontaneous date together. I was so edified.

Kimberlee said...

Praise God! I love you, friend! Let's catch up soon, please!!