Tuesday, January 19, 2010

storms

Today something extraordinary happened.
I experienced a rain storm complete with thunder and lightning.
In my 2 years and 3 months of residence in California this is the FIRST rain storm that I have been apart of! I even went for a run in the rain it is so glorious.
I am truly thankful for the power of God displayed through weather.
As I write this, I am reminded of sleeping Jesus who awoke to a boat full of friends who were scared out their minds because of a crazy rain storm.
Then Jesus simply spoke and immediately the winds and the skies obeyed.
PEACE immediately followed.
The past couple of days, my soul has been in turmoil as I think about this upcoming semester. I have already determined that I CANNOT have another semester like I had last semester. It was a rough one, but last semester I trusted in my own abilities. I did it in my own strength. This semester I am praying that God would strip away my independence and give me a heart that dependent on Him FULLY. So God speak your peace into my life. If you can command the seas, then I know you can command the storm in my soul. You are trustyworthy, increase my trust.
Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy this storm by drinking coffee, snuggled under a warm blanket, listening to the water pour down and pretending that I am reading a great romance novel instead of a boring research textbook.
.

No comments: