Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Decade down....

Another decade down..... 2000-2010
  • graduated high school
  • got my first boyfriend
  • moved to Dallas and gained my true independence
  • became a college student
  • got my first professional job at Buckner
  • gained an undergraduate degree in Biblical Studies and Sociology
  • became a member of First Baptist Church Irving which was the beginning of my future for all things SBC
  • gained a strong foundation through my church and amazing mentors like Jennifer and Amanda and Beverly
  • learned ebonics while working at Wynnewood and learning how to play hood ball
  • established friendship that are now life long friend
  • moved overseas to India
  • learned how to live, survive, and enjoy India
  • traveled the world with some of my best friends in the world to Singapore, Thailand, North South Korea, Bali, Malaysia, Germany, China, Honduras, Austria, and Mexico
  • moved to Sunny Southern California
  • lived on a college campus for a second time
  • became an employee of California Baptist University
  • joined the community and life of Sandals Church
  • moved in with ladies that our now my family and best friends
  • started two Masters degrees
  • lost a high school friend to cancer and saw another survive cancer
  • discovered a new passion for collegiate ministry and mobilization
  • led two teams of college students to Germany and East Asia

It is crazy to think of all the life changes that happen in a decade! 10 years from now I will be close to 36 years old!! I am excited about the joys and struggles of the next ten years! I feel like these last 10 years were crucial and foundation to who I will be in the next 10. I am guaranteed a full life in Christ. I am thankful for Christ who is enough. Here's to the next 10 years as God continues to give me a heart for obedience....oh the places I will go...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so proud of you Alicia. You are one of my favoritest peeps in the world. I love you!

Alicia said...

oh dang...now that is a high honor sweet friend! Thanks Amanda.