It's funny how when you hang out with people long enough that you begin to pick up each others mannerism and phrases. So as most of you know, I coined the phrase "my (something) Alicia heart". When overjoyed I often express this by saying, "my little Alicia heart is happy" or "my roommate heart is happy" and etc... Somewhere along the way, my roommate Becka also picked up the phrase and started saying "my little teacher heart". Becka teaches high schoolers and her high schoolers have also begun to pick up this phrase. Tonight as I was staying up late with Becka as she grades her students' final essays and in one of the essays they wrote, "it hurt her little student heart" in this student's final!! Yes, friends.... I am officially influencing the world of high schoolers in Riverside with my own verbage!! I feel like a celebrity!!
What are phrases of funny things you do that others pick up?
6 comments:
Just think: You directly influence the youth of America... right here from our couch! That's pretty good! They should pay you...
Oh wait, the Dept. of Ed can't even pay the people who sit in the desk all day and instruct the little miscreants... I guess you should stick with your day job.
That is so funny!
Maybe it is time to trademark your verbiage. Maybe you can then have "my Alicia heart is happy and rich"
I've heard Becka say "my little teacher heart" before. Now I know who to blame for that.
Except I think it is kinda cute, so I will change that to, "Now I know who to THANK for that."
You know, I absolutely LOVE when you say this phrase. It is so adorable :)
Post a Comment