Sunday, April 26, 2009

Love for the Game

What does 1999, 2003, 2005 & 2007 all have in common? Yes, they are all odd numbers BUT more importantly they are the years that the Spurs have taken home the title of Champs! I am a woman of tradition so I think it would only be fitting for them to take another championship in 2009 to keep with the oddity of their wins (pun intended). Don't you agree?
This is one my most looked forwareded to times of the year... the time NBA PLAYOFFS! My homeboys, the San Antonio Spurs, have been consistently making it to the playoffs for the past decade which means I have been loyal to chant "Go Spurs Go" since the days of learning to drive.
My loyalties could have been challenged as I ventured to lands beyond San Antonio, but my devotion has only been strengthened. For example, during my college years I was surrounded by Maverick fans that insisted that just because I lived in the BIG D that I should betray my boys, but no my stubbornness and love for the Spurs shined brightly among those malicious Mavericks. Even in my years of living abroad, I was faithful to wake up at 3 AM just to watch the championship games to see my homeboys play. The worst of all however has been my recent move to Southern California where the suffocating colors of purple and gold bombard me from all sides. Even close friendships could not alter my love for the Spurs in the land of Lakers. I have worn my Spurs shirt with pride among some of the most loyal Lakers fans around. I would pride myself in being a loyal Spurs fan abroad.
So this is my annual blog shout out to my homeboys as they fight to take the championship...yet again. They are currently in Round 1 of the playoffs vs the Mavericks. They have to win the game this Tuesday or they are out of the playoffs (FROWN). Luckily the next game we have home court advantage and Spurs Fans ROCK. So I except a pretty victory on Tuesday! On that note...
GO SPURS GO!!!
This is a picture of me at the Spurs game during Christmas break!













PS. Today was the most beautiful Southern California day and I finished one of my 1o page papers...wooo.....

2 comments:

Becks said...

That is SUCH a cute picture of you, roommate! I think it needs to become your new profile pic on f-book when the Spurs are playing. Spice things up a bit. Make it more personal, ya know...

Emily said...

Normally I'd be right there with you, rooting for the Spurs. (they won on our honeymoon, and I remember rooting for them then!) BUT since the Rockets are actually in the playoffs this year, I can't, out of loyalty to my hometown boys. Not that I've watched an NBA game in, oh, 16 years or so. You know, back when the Rockets won the last time. haha! I"m such a fair weathered fan of basketball. At least I'll root for the 'Stros even if they worked their way to the bottom of the pennant race.

P.S. You look gorgeous!!