Saturday, September 27, 2008

Surf City Marathon

I have decided that I am going to train for the Surf City Marathon. You must know that I have NEVER trained for any type of marathon before. This is a big stretch for me. However, there is a large group of people from CBU that are running the marathon in COMMUNITY! YESSSSS!! This is how I roll. I could NEVER run a marathon on my own, but with a group of others to do it with...I am game. Starting this Monday, for the next 18 weeks I will be training for 26.2 miles!! Yikes. I do have to admit that I am a little nervous about it, but also really excited. The fun thing about this marathon is that I am running alongside the beach AND you get an awesome surf board metal when you finish!! I think this is definitely the way to go!! It is a life goal of mine to run a marathon...so here's to attempting a life goal!! Pray for me friends.

3 comments:

Kelley C said...

1. Yea! You blogged again.

2. a marathon? I'm very impressed.

3. I got your voice mail but haven't had much time to talk lately. I WILL call you back.

AdamCook said...

im excited for/proud of you and will def be praying for ya haha

Janelle and Ella said...

That is so awesome!!! You can do it!!!