Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Learning to cook Indian Food!


I decided that while I live in India that I should learn to cook Indian food. My wonderful neighbor Mona is also a cook and teaches cooking classes!! How convenient for me!!

This is a great time for me to learn some culture and to deepen our friendship. I am learning the basic indian dishes which include all the dals (lentiles) breads (nan, roti, chipoties) and subzi's (vegetable dishes). For just 500 rupees I can learn how to cook 20 different dishes!!



This was my first Indian Dish. The top is Moong Dal and the bottom is Gobi (califlower) Alloo (potato). Gobi Aloo is one of my favorite Indian dishes.

After we finished our lesson, Mona was great and took me to the bazzar (market) to buy all the special indian spices and lentils!!

When I return, I will make yall Indian food!! I am really excited!!

No comments: