I get asked often (as most of us do) "How are you doing?" And thankfully I live in community with a bunch of people that love me well enough to ask this and actually mean it. And the beauty of my current season of life is that I have been able to answer, "life is really good". Like so good, that the Goodness of God is being redefined in my life through the sweetness of my current season of life.
Sometimes in our culture it's a little awkward to admit when life is just sweet. But then I was reminded this Sunday, from one of my teaching pastors, that one of the many expressions of our faith is celebration. The kingdom of God is filled with 10 second dance parties, feasts, and most importantly the outlandish praise of its citizens declaring the goodness of their King all night long. Celebration abounds when we allow the Creator to breathe life in us. After all, isn't the gospel all about Christ coming to not just give us life but to give it to us abundantly? He is the one that gives Life and He gives us life by giving us Himself.
It is tempting for me to attribute the goodness of my current season to just mere events or positive circumstance. Because its never been a truer statement that work and ministry life is wonderful and that community is rich, opportunity is vast, and heck even my single heart is content these days. But I don't want to miss the truth that Jesus Himself is the One that makes all the events and circumstances good.
So today, I want to celebrate the Goodness of God in my life. He is Good and sometimes I wonder how much favor and goodness He wants to lavishly pour on me. I know that if he were to roll up and speak to me He would just speak words of Life over me and just assure me of how much He loves me. His favor is His breath in my life. And I want to live fully alive, fully celebratory. I want God-breathed ministry, God-breathed friendships, God-breathed joy. So that when my current season becomes less ideal than it is today or difficulty strikes I want to cling to the goodness of a King that already conquered death and promised Life...therefore in the good and the bad of life...Jesus Himself is GOOD.
1 comment:
This was a joy-filled treSure to read. Keep them coming, boo! And #10SecondDanceParties too!
Post a Comment