I love the New Year. It brings out the nerdy part of me that like to debrief, evaluate, and process previous seasons and then on the flip side to anticipate, plan, make goals for what God has in store next. In December, I typically begin to pray about what God has for me in the New Year. This year, I felt like God has asked me to pray three things over my life.
1. Increased faith. Let's just be honest, I work for Curtis Jones. I am gonna need it to keep up with His faith. He is a man of great faith, if Hebrews 11 had an addendum for 2012, his name would be written in. It's sharpening me and I am loving being stretched in my faith.
2. Deeper levels of holiness. For the first time in a long time, I have craved deeper levels of holiness. So praying God would continue to grow that desire. Pruning is painful- ouch!
3. Discipline. I want to be a leader that leads well. And well we all know a disciplined, intentional, and restrained life is what it's about. Dear Lord, help me!
Every morning I wake up with these three things on my mind. The first 4 days have already proved to be painful because I have a good God who wants to answer the prayers of His daughter. Excited for the sanctification that will result, but dreading the life lessons and fire that comes with this kind of purification.
For those that know and love me, you can be praying these over my life in 2012.
1. Increased faith. Let's just be honest, I work for Curtis Jones. I am gonna need it to keep up with His faith. He is a man of great faith, if Hebrews 11 had an addendum for 2012, his name would be written in. It's sharpening me and I am loving being stretched in my faith.
2. Deeper levels of holiness. For the first time in a long time, I have craved deeper levels of holiness. So praying God would continue to grow that desire. Pruning is painful- ouch!
3. Discipline. I want to be a leader that leads well. And well we all know a disciplined, intentional, and restrained life is what it's about. Dear Lord, help me!
Every morning I wake up with these three things on my mind. The first 4 days have already proved to be painful because I have a good God who wants to answer the prayers of His daughter. Excited for the sanctification that will result, but dreading the life lessons and fire that comes with this kind of purification.
For those that know and love me, you can be praying these over my life in 2012.
No comments:
Post a Comment