These are some of my observation my time with Middle Schoolers this week...
1. Some are so very sweet and innocent....some are NOT.
2. Since when did Middle School girls cuss like sailors?
3. They think that people like Katie Perry has hung the moon. (great role model, eh) and their favorite songs are Teenage Dream. Also awesome (insert sarcasm).
4. I didn't come across a single girl that had married parents. Most were either divorced, fathers in jail, or multiple step family members.
5. Most of them are extremely insecure and just want to be loved.
6. Most of them have no idea what godly love looks like.
7. Most did NOT like Justin Bieber. I honestly expected a little more Bieber Fever.
8. Crushes and giggling was at it's peak!
9. Middle School with social media, facebook, and cell phones is a whole different ball game.
So those are my first observations on the surface. I love that I get to share with them my heart and my life over these next 16 weeks and hopefully be a role model to them. I hope they know that there is a God that loves them and that they don't have to strive in life to be wanted or just to be sexy. I hope these next few weeks will be about them finding their worth outside of boys or unrealistic cultural expectations.
No comments:
Post a Comment