It was so wonderful being in Deepa's home today. When I stepped out of the rickshaw, I was greeted by Deepa who hugged me for literally one minute. She didn't let go. Love tank filled. Then she had me sit down and she laid at my feet and just stared at me. It was soo awkward! This went on for about 15 minutes...I would talk and she said she didn't hear what I was saying because she was just staring at me.
I have been thinking a lot about the huge impact I personally had in the lives of Mona & Erica and Deepa's family and community. The impact I made what NOT because I am great, but because God's love is deep and satisfying. I walked into Mona's house and on the wall hanging was the cross my family left for her. On the coffee table was the photo album Lindsey and I had made for their family before we left. It was weird to see such a visible presence of my time there. In Deepa's house still remains the family portrait of my family and Lindsey's family. There were all these physical reminders of my time there. But even more are the memories. So many memories were exchanged in our short visits. I know that I am not great, but what made the impact was their encounter with the LIVING GOD. God inhabits his people. There were so many prayers, conversations, tears, and laughs that were covered in the presence of Christ. So when I come back and visit I am reminded of the beauty of Christ in this place. I am thankful that God allowed me to be a visible and tangible presence of who He is.
Deepa is a believer and hungry. Mona however is still seeking and searching. Pray for my time here as I have opportunity to disciple Deepa and opportunity to share the gospel with Mona! Mona and I are really close and I really feel like there are some great spiritual conversations ahead of us!! Please pray!!
6 comments:
Aww... Thanks for the update... I cried... Praying for you!
I will be praying for your times with Mona and Deepa. It is amazing what a LIVING GOD can do and it is a even more so that He allows us to be a part of it.
So do we still have that special symbol hanging over our picture in Deepa's house? LOL.
What an amazing path God has put you on! I'm praying for you and all that you come in contact with. You are an amazing woman, I'm glad I got to know you even if just for a moment! :)
sorry, I'm sure you don't know my new last name, the old one was mccombs :)
Great update! cool!!
Post a Comment